Regardless of their nature, all businesses need to generate and send accurate invoices to the customers. While you can generate simple invoices on spreadsheets or word processors, specialized invoicing software is a tool that allows you to automate the entire process. Depending on the option selected, you can create and send invoices to your clients via email or other delivery methods. Invoicing software also allows you to receive prompt payments as many of them include online payment features.
New business owners are often confused in selecting the right invoicing software for their business. It is never easy picking one invoice generator as they all look the same on the surface. Understanding this predicament, we have compiled a list of five highly recommended invoicing software you can consider in 2021.
As one of the world’s most popular accounting options, you can always trust the online invoicing features offered by Quickbooks. Small businesses often need to optimize their income and minimize the costs, including bills and other payments. With the electronic invoicing feature included in Quickbooks, you can email invoices to your customers at the comfort of your seat. Emailing the invoices helps you reduce the costs associated with mailing or courier delivery charges.
You can also track invoices and receive online payments without getting to the bank or making several rounds in different departments in your organization seeking payment records. Quickbooks also optimizes user experience and makes it easier to access information with the following unique features;
- The invoices you send via emails are optimized for any device, including smartphones. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about your customers not reading through their mobile phones when you send an invoice.
- Quickbooks Plus subscribers can also enjoy the project tracking feature that allows them to incrementally bill the customers as various project milestones are achieved.
Quickbooks comes with three distinct payment plans with the lowest ‘Simple Start’ plan being as low as $8 per month. The Plus Plan is currently priced at $17 per month. You can always avail of additional discounts through special referrals.
Ranked as one of the most preferred invoicing apps for small business owners, FreshBooks is your go-to software if you need excellently crafted invoices. The software easily performs numerous automated tasks, such as payment collection and periodic reminders to receive your funds on time.
Additionally, you get to create professionally-looking invoices from the list of free templates within minutes. FreshBooks invoice generator allows you to beautify your invoice, add a unique logo and customize your email.
Among its outstanding features, the following are worth paying for:
- It accepts credit cards and AHC as payment methods, which means you save a lot of time tracking your payments as you don’t need to go to the bank for checks or over-the-counter withdrawals.
- The software allows you to edit previous invoices by converting estimates and proposals to match the new invoice figures, saving you a lot of time. You may only create a new invoice if you are dealing with a different client.
FreshBooks is often the first choice of most businesses due to its affordable pricing. The lowest payment option is the Lite Plan that costs only $4.50 per month and allows you to send invoices to a maximum of five clients. The most expensive plan is the Premium Plan that costs $15 per month and allows you to invoice unlimited clients every month.
3. Oracle NetSuite
While it performs best as an ERP platform for supply chain management, Oracle NetSuite also offers some of the best financial management solutions, including billing and invoicing. Whether you are just starting or are already established in business, Oracle NetSuite is one of the most reliable invoice apps you can use today.
Creating a sales invoice is easy and effective. You can always turn your sales order into an invoice and send it to the respective client within minutes. You can find the option of converting a sales order to an invoice once you get to the transactions bar.
The main features of Oracle NetSuite include:
- A robust system that enables the creation of reliable invoices. You can never go wrong with the process due to the built-in controls. Besides, once a sales order is converted to an invoice, you can close it completely.
- Ideal for all business sizes as it has capacities and plans for every business size.
Oracle NetSuite is priced at $99 per user per month, which is on the higher side compared to the alternate options. This is why it is more preferable for large, established businesses.
Just from a simple click, Invoice2go allows you to make payments and send invoices to your clients. If you deal with global clients, Invoice2go is the most suitable option as it supports global payment gateways like PayPal, Xero and Square. Whether you are a freelancer, a businessperson or a contractor, this is the solution you can always run to for outstanding free invoice templates.
The user interface of invoice2go is designed to accommodate all gadgets, including android phones so that your clients can access the invoice wherever they are. The user interface is also easy to navigate, and once you have created an invoice, you can send it right on the spot when you finish detailing it. The remarkable features of this option are as follows:
- It allows you to track your invoices as you can check when and whether the client has viewed the invoice, and set up automated reminders to alert your client about upcoming or overdue payments.
- It accepts convenient payment methods like PayPal and card payments. With these online payment methods, you can always get your payments coming in, on average, six days earlier.
Invoice2go has three pricing options with the cheapest one, the ‘Standard Plan’ going for $4.99 per month and the most expensive one, ‘Unlimited Plan’, going for $8.99 per month.
5. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Invoice offer a comprehensive invoicing solution to both small and medium-sized businesses. It is not only a well-organized invoice program, but also easy to use. It comes with numerous features that are relatively straightforward to navigate. If you always have trouble generating reports in software programs, then you have a possible solution at Zoho.
Zoho Books offers automated invoicing reports thanks to its report generator, which you can easily access and update through the available Zoho invoice apps. In addition to invoicing, you can use it to manage bills, contacts, quotes, and other business expenses. The outstanding features of Zoho Books include the following.
- Zoho Books enables invoice template customization. You can use a free invoice template to create a customized invoice that will cover all the standard invoice details.
- It allows you to create multilingual and multicurrency invoices so that you can send invoices to your global clients in their currency. You can also send an invoice in one of the 17 language options at Zoho for effective communication.
Zoho Books has three customer-based plans that you can choose from. The ‘Basic Plan’ goes for $9 per month and the Professional Plan costs as much as $29 per month, billed annually.
Your invoices represent the face of your business, especially if you operate a virtual store. It is important for the invoices to be accurate and to look professional. Invoices that are free from errors and skillfully designed are more likely to be paid sooner than unprofessional, inaccurate and confusing invoices. If you are a small business looking for a bookkeeping solution that includes invoicing feature, you should go for Quickbooks, FreshBooks or Zoho Books. If you run a medium or large-sized business, Oracle NetSuite should be your preferred choice. If you are looking solely for an invoicing solution to invoice global customers, Invoice 2go is the recommended option.