Overall, monday sales CRM is an excellent resource and tool. With a strong focus on teamwork, collaboration, and productivity, the software has been consistently reported to vastly improve the workflows and processes of numerous businesses around the world. We attribute a huge chunk of the tool’s success to its superb visual properties, allowing you to see everything at a glance. On the downside, since the CRM system cannot be purchased separately, it may feel like a waste of resources to subscribe to the whole tool just to use the CRM. It is advised to carefully inspect the strengths of the software and consider switching your existing project management software to monday.com. This will make everything highly cost-efficient and more effective since all your operations and data will be in one place.
I always tell people on my team that if Monday can’t do it then it can’t be done. We use it for everything from managing our sales pipeline to planning client initiatives.
- Very visual so you can get a good idea of where everything stands without much effort
- Custom dashboards for tracking info that matters to us
- Many integrations and automations
- The mobile app (Android) isn’t very good, so I’m often forced to use the desktop app
I hate to admit it, but there was a time in my work life that I had little control over my tasks, and things would constantly fall through the cracks. The performance of my team suffered as a result but Monday makes it much easier to visualize and execute
We needed a tool that would improve our sales productivity across the team. We tried many tools but they fell short for various reasons. When we ended up choosing Monday it was because it was so customizable and could be used as more than a CRM.
- It has numerous functions and replaced many tools in our arsenal
- Can import data from other sources and display it in graphs to inform our sales strategy
- It’s possible to see everyone’s deal flow in an overall view then dr