Lavu boasts several features from which restaurant owners stand to benefit. Of course, most of these features are nothing out of the ordinary. But a host of them is pretty uncommon with other restaurant POS systems, giving Lavu a chance among the best POS systems ideal for restaurants and the food industry at large.
These features are explained below:
Lavu completes its invoice operations via Sourcery AP and AR. This system typically runs invoice storage, analytics, and online bill payment for users. It is simple and flexible, allowing restaurant owners to handle their invoice operations from any device.
This software also boasts an efficient POS system that ensures restaurant owners save costs by eliminating card processing fees through their cash discount program. From this system, you can easily manage your business orders, process payments, manage your employees, and send orders to the Kitchen Display System.
You can choose to purchase the Lavu payment processor, known as Lavu Pay, or synchronize your preferred processor with the system.
Kitchen Display System
This software offers users the convenience of attending to orders made at the front desk, right in the kitchen, without scrambling from kitchen to front desk all the time. With a single click, the system sends customers’ orders to the kitchen for a prompt response and timely delivery.
Online Ordering System
The Lavu online ordering system boasts a built-in marketing strategy to make restaurants more visible to their customers. The ordering site comes with over 100 templates for a restaurant website. These templates are also customizable, allowing users to upload food images, include their business logo, and choose their brand themes.
This system allows restaurants to receive orders via text, email, or the Lavu POS system. In addition, it affords businesses upsell opportunities the option to set up customer portals and process online payments without the commission clause. Ordering covers dine-in, curbside, takeout, and contactless orders.
Lavu Local Server
With Lavu POS, restaurant owners do not have to pause their business during wireless network outages. The software features a local server system called Lavu Local Server. Users can switch to this server whenever there is a wireless network failure.
The Lavu POS system is fully (and only) compatible with iOS gadgets like MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. So, for small restaurants, you can easily thrive with any apple device and the right add-ons. But if you run a large restaurant, you may need the full POS bundle, which includes a terminal, cash drawer, card reader, and a thermal printer.
While you are not mandated to purchase any other hardware from them, it would be best to obtain your POS hardware directly from Lavu.
Integrations and Add-Ons
In addition to this POS’s basic features, a host of other features come as add-ons. These add-ons must be requested, paid for, and set up on the system before use. These add-ons include:
- Lavu Pay – Lavu’s payment processor for iOS devices.
- Lavu Accounting – for basic accounting operations.
- Lavu Kitchen Display system is usually included in the Lavu Optimize plan.
- Lavu Local Server – for backup network supply during a wireless network failure.
- Lavu Self-Service Kiosk
- Lavu Pilot for optimal business operation and data monitoring.
- Lavu ToGo – a menu and order-placing platform
- Lavu Loyalty and Gift apps for a mobile-friendly gift card and loyalty program experience.
- Lavu Routing and Delivery for prompt order delivery.
This software also integrates with third-party business solutions to enable different restaurant solutions seamlessly on the system. Lavu’s vast integrations grossly eliminate the need to constantly log in and out of the different platforms in the course of your business activities. These integrations include:
- Xero, QuickBooks, and Shogo for accounting.
- Sacoa for debit card payment processing.
- Dolce for employee management.
- Epson for a comprehensive Kitchen Display System.
- Restaurant 365, FoodBAM, and Avero for business management.
- MarketMan for inventory management.
- Open Dining, Checkmate, Chowly, and Mobi2go for online ordering.
- BeerSaver, TapHunter, EKOS Brewmaster, Bar-I Liquid Accounting, and Digital Pour for liquor control solutions – specifically for bars.